Southbywristbands.com is closed for 2014. We'll see you in 2015.
Wristbands are usually reserved for Austinites, but each year, we release a small number of wristband and hotel packages to those living outside of Austin. The hotel/wristband package is a promotional effort by SXSW to permit out-of-town music fans the experience of the SXSW Music Festival, which takes place March 11-16. These wristbands are available for $169 and you can purchase one or two with your hotel request.
A Music Festival Wristband guarantees that you will not pay a cover charge to see official SXSW Music Fest shows at approximately 100 stages. Admission to all venues is subject to legal capacity and many shows will fill up. Admission to most venues will be subject to minimum age requirements.
SouthByWristbands.com is the only authorized seller of SXSW Music Festival wristbands to music fans living outside Austin.
How it works:
1. Choose your hotel.
2. Complete the hotel request and hit submit.
3. We'll send you coupon codes and instructions on how to purchase your wristbands online.
4. Follow the instructions in your email, completing your wristband purchase within 48 hours of making the hotel request.
5. Receive hotel confirmation by email.
6. Get to Austin and check into your hotel.
7. Bring your room key and photo ID to the Austin Convention Center to pick up your wristband and hit the festival.
Wristband Pickup Times
Tuesday March 11th 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Wednesday March 12th 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Thursday March 13th 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday March 14th 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday March 15th 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- There is a 3-night minimum length of stay. This can be waived when you stay Saturday night.
- Canceling your hotel room will automatically cancel your wristband purchase(s). Cancelling your wristband purchases will automatically cancel your hotel room.
- SXSW wristbands are assigned by name and will be given only to the named individual. A valid government-issued photo ID must be presented. No person can pick up a wristband for another person.
- SXSW wristbands will be fastened on the wristband holder’s wrist when picked up and may not be removed until the festival is over.
- Tampering with the SXSW wristband (e.g., stretching, tearing, cutting, taping, etc.) is not permitted. If tampering is evident, the wristband will be invalidated and confiscated and entry to any/all SXSW venues will be refused.
- SXSW wristbands are non-transferable and non-refundable. No exceptions. Lost or stolen SXSW wristbands will not be replaced.
- SXSW wristbands are the property of SXSW. SXSW may, at its sole discretion, confiscate wristbands from any individual or company at any time. SXSW will not replace confiscated wristbands.
- SXSW wristbands are not valid credentials for panels, the SXSW Trade Show, keynote speaker sessions, or other SXSW conference activities, unless SXSW specifies otherwise.
- SXSW wristbands guarantee that no cover will be charged at official SXSW Music Festival showcases or SXSW Film Festival screenings. Wristbands do not guarantee admission. Admission is subject to legal capacity limits. Many venues reach capacity and SXSW badge holders get priority entry into all venues.
- SXSW wristband holders are not exempt from venue-specific age restrictions. Most SXSW Music Festival venues have minimum age requirements.
- SXSW wristbands may not be used as a prize in any form of contest, game, or sweepstakes without written pre-approval from SXSW.