SouthbyWristbands.com is now closed for 2015. See you next year!
Book a room at a discounted rate with SXSW and purchase a SXSW Music Fest Wristband today!
Wristbands are usually reserved for Austinites, but each year, we release a small number of wristband/hotel packages to those living outside of Austin. The hotel/wristband package is a promotional effort by SXSW to give out-of-town music fans the experience of the SXSW Music Festival, which takes place March 17-22. These wristbands are available for $169 and you can purchase up to 2 with your hotel request.
A Music Festival Wristband allows access to over 100 stages and thousands of live performances. Admission to all venues is subject to legal capacity. Admission to most venues are subject to minimum age requirements.
For SXSW 2015, we've invited our local fans to use southbywristbands.com to book a hotel room for the nights they would prefer to not drive home. Welcome!
SouthByWristbands.com is the only authorized dealer of SXSW Music Festival wristbands to music fans living outside Austin.
How it works:
To Make your hotel request:
Locals who have purchased wristbands only need to follow steps 1 and 2 below.
Use the Local or Out of Town Hotel Request button to the right to choose your hotel.
Complete the hotel request and hit submit.
To purchase your wristband:
Out of Town Music Fans can follow steps 1-5 below to purchase their wristbands
Once you’ve made your hotel request online, the SXSW Housing Department will e-mail you coupon codes for each person listed in your room share and instructions on how to purchase your wristbands online within 24 business hours of making your hotel request.
Note: Guests listed in your room share must be full legal names as this is how the Housing Department will issue their coupons and they will need to show ID to pick up their wristbands.
Follow the instructions in your email.
At this late date you must purchase your wristbands within 24 hours of receiving your coupons to keep your hotel reservation.
Receive hotel confirmation by email.
Get to Austin and check into your hotel.
Bring your room key and photo ID to the Austin Convention Center to pick up your wristband and hit the festival.
Wristband Pickup Times:
Monday, March 16th: 9am-6pm
Tuesday, March 17th: 9am-10pm
Wednesday, March 18th: 9am-10pm
Thursday, March 19th: 9am-10pm
Friday, March 20th: 10am-7pm
Saturday, March 21st: 11am-4pm
- If you’re an out of town music fan, canceling your hotel room will automatically cancel your wristband purchase(s). Canceling your wristband purchases will automatically cancel your hotel room. Note: Local fan wristband purchases are not contingent on a hotel reservation.
- Each individual must pick up his or her own wristband and will need to present a drivers license or valid government-issued photo ID to claim his or her SXSW wristband.
- The wristband will be fastened on an individual's wrist at time of pick up and may not be removed until the festival is over.
- An individual may not pick up a wristband for someone else.
- All SXSW Music Festival Wristbands are non-transferable / non-refundable. No exceptions.
- Tampering with the SXSW Music Festival Wristband will invalidate the Music Festival Wristband. Stretching, tearing, taping or cutting of SXSW wristbands is not permitted. If wristband tampering is evident, the wristband will be voided and the wearer will be refused entry to any / all SXSW venues.
- When purchasing 1 or 2 Music Festival Wristbands, the authorized purchaser must be one of the wristband recipients.
- Most SXSW Music Festival venues have minimum age requirements. Authorized SXSW Music Festival Wristband holders are not exempt from venue-specific age restrictions.
- DO NOT attempt to buy more than one Music Festival Wristband for yourself and one for a friend, because there will be no refunds or assignments of the wristbands you purchase to other names.
- Wristbands guarantee no cover. Admission subject to legal capacity. Many venues fill up. Badges get priority entry.
- SXSW wristband holders are expected to behave responsibly and to treat each other - and treat the community - with respect, kindness, and compassion. SXSW reserves the right, without refund, to revoke the credentials of wristband holders whose conduct is deemed inappropriate, disorderly, or offensive by SXSW or the local authorities.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL SXSW BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WRISTBAND AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS, EVEN IF SXSW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- You agree to indemnify and hold SXSW and its officers, employees, volunteers, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with your use of the wristbands(s) or violation of the Terms.
For more information about SouthbyWristbands.com, including hotel shuttle information, visit the SouthByWristbands.com FAQ.
Photo by Jon Shapley